Nutkins sells homemade Tahini, which can be used as a dip, or to make your own hummus, baba ganoush or halva. We managed to get the official Nutkins recipe for Tahini Chicken; the sesame seeds give the chicken a really nutty, rich and smokey flavor that is perfect for adding to a wrap or sandwich, or even served with nuggets with a nice cool tzatziki or sour cream dip.
1 lb boneless chicken (thighs recommended) cut to thin strips
1/3 cup tahini paste
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
– In a mixing bowl, whisk together tahini, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, chili powder and sea salt.
– Add the chicken and mix well.
– Cover and marinate in fridge 2-8 hours.
– Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat and spray with olive oil.
– Place chicken pieces on grill and cook 7-8 minutes each side or until fully cooked through
– Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, or add to salads, sandwiches or wraps.
Words by Ruba Ali
Photo by Nutkins