Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
It’s always good to have an easy, go to brownie recipe on hand to treat your friends and family. It’s quick to put together and so delicious to eat. The white chocolate chunks caramelizes and helps to make this brownie into something special.
- 125g unsalted butter
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate,
- pinch of salt
- 100g kanamadhu, chopped
- Pre-heat oven for 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan. Make sure the paper hangs over the sides a bit.
- Place the butter and the chocolate in a heat proof bowl and melt it over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Once the mixture is smooth, remove from heat and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar into the melted chocolate mixture and combine with a wooden spoon. Then add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt to the mixture. Then add the white chocolate and mix until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the chopped kanamadhu on top and bake in oven for 30 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
Words & Photos by Thooha Adley (Thooha)