This spice touched cheesecake is going to bring something extra special to your dessert times.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 250g packet digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 300g sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (plus extra to serve)
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a 20cm spring-form round cake tin. Process the digestive biscuits until crumbs form. Add the melted butter and process until combined. If you don’t have a food processor, place the biscuits in a zip-lock bag, cover with a tea towel and gently crush with a rolling pin. Place the crushed biscuits in a bowl, add the melted butter and mix till the mixture comes together. Press crumbs two-thirds of the way up side and over base of a 22cm spring-form pan. Refrigerate.
- Mix the cream cheese, sour cream and the brown sugar in a bowl using an electric mixture. Beat in the eggs and then add the spices. Mix until combine.
- Pour the mixture into biscuit base. Place an additional baking tray filled with boiling water on the bottom rack of the oven (this will help the top of cheesecake crack less). Bake the cheesecake in the oven for about 1 hour. Cool slightly in the oven and then place in refrigerator. Serve chilled, dusted with cinnamon powder.
Words & Photos by Thooha Adley